Monday, July 21, 2014

Scales lifted

At last the scales are lifted from the ear drums of my soul,
How wrong could I have been in all my suppositions.
Dancing always in the corner of my eye was the obvious answer.
I'll paint and dream you, I'll call you with sweet melodious siren chanting.
No longer need we wander two lonely pilgrims
Outcast as we were from our father's glistening heaven.
Let the sweet perfume of these lips ease that suffering.
Let this soft touch quell the nightmarish rage within.
I won't ask you to always ride that royal charger.
No, you too must be carried from time to time.
Those dagger irises beckon me on with the clamor of a challenge.
I never was one to hesitate to climb the peak before me.
Beckoning onwards brave knight if you dare.
Dragon ire can't compare to those glowering brows furrowed in contempt.
I know too well the look mirrored back at me on that handsome face:
It is the torture of slow, monotonous ennui.
Those eyes bear the heaviness of a million little compromises.
Each time a little bit of self sold for a mess of pottage.
Let me reawaken the dormant fires in your heart's furnace.
Let me reignite the tiny coal of passion burning yet within.
I promise that this journey into the ethereal planes will delight,
Come with me and let's ride free and unstoppable as a gamma burst
Out and out till we reach the edge of what is.
Then let us ride beyond into the darkness and see what we may see.
They say it is only in the darkness that light is born.
Let me be your champion and you mine,
Let me stand and be held at once.
Let these hands hold and be held.
Receive and give my lover, and let us see what may be.
I promise you a future of starsong and Magick,
Dances naked amid the flames under swirling nebulas.
I will show you the sacred groves of ancient sentinels.
We will wander lone but not lonely through the clouds.
Let me kiss those honeyed lips and feel the strength hold me.
Let me most of all, let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment