Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pollution...

Well, today has been an interesting day to say the least. I find that meditation helps me to deal with pollution. The air is awful today. My thought for today that arose in my meditation had to do with how we perceive ourselves. I recently have gone through some strict and austere changes in my lifestyle. One change in particular has given me powerful insight into society’s image of perfection and beauty versus self-love and self-acceptance. I wonder if we all wouldn’t feel much better about ourselves if we weren’t bombarded by so many unattainable images. Who says male or female beauty is supposed to look a certain way? I rediscovered that all of our romantic and sensual pursuits should be geared towards either self-appreciation or appreciation of another. Intimacy can actually be a way of acknowledging the god/goddess within ourselves and another. I think that this is what love and sex should be about. I guess I certainly can’t speak for everyone, but I’m loving how much I’m loving my physical temple (or body) and spirit lately. I definitely wish I could give this to everyone, but we’re all on our own journeys of self-discovery and exploration! That’s part of the beauty of life.

Calm, centered,
Anchored, I’m here.

No comments:

Post a Comment