Thursday, November 18, 2010

True Love

I've been reading The Power of Now lately and it has led to some incredible insights. I wanted to share one of them today. I have realized that true love happens in a state of presence. I have been single for a long time now and sometimes I feel like I should be in a relationship. Reading this book made me realize that I would just take my unhappy self with me right into that relationship. Sure, it might seem good for a while but eventually it would break down because of my underlying unhappiness. What I need to do is be present to love and happiness now. What a relief! I no longer need to search or look for something else to make me happy. I have the opportunity to experience peace and well-being now. Ahhh. So good!

See the flower.
Smell it.
Bask in the radiance of its being.
All of this is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment