Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Paradigm Shift Musically

I sat last night meditating and realized that I have this tendency to rehash my past garbage in my music. This isn't each song that I write, but I've noticed a half and half pattern. I actually want to shift that. I want my music to be always a hopeful and joy giving experience. I think the world has it's fill of tortured artists. I've been one for too long now. I want to create and write from a place of love, joy, beauty, and freedom. The world definitely needs more of that. I realized that if I broadcast a negative message, I'm no better than the media or any other negatively focused organization or individual. Wow. The other major thing that came to me recently has been that I am a very conditional lover of things. If something makes me feel good, I like that thing. If something doesn't, I don't like that thing. Now, that's all very human but I began thinking about that. If I'm closed up all the time because of things I don't like, how can I possibly expect to be open to romantic love coming into my life? I pondered love deeper than this. I realized that any time I feel lonely or disconnected, it is because I am deliberately choosing to not love what is around me. I started as an exercise saying I love you to everyone I encountered. This seemed to be the antidote of any apathy or depression. Suddenly, wherever I am, I feel connected to those around me by our shared humanity.

We're all the same.
Just looking for something.
If we could only realize it's inside.
Maybe all the frantic activity and bustling would pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment