Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why create

I came to the juncture again today where I began questioning why I do creative projects. Is it for the validation or praise I may get? Is it to prove something to myself or others? These reasons seem shallow and empty of satisfaction when I look at them. The real reason I want to create is the joy I get out of allowing something to flow through me. It is an amazing rush. I think we all to a certain extent chase approval and acknowledgement from our peers. What I can tell from my experience is that when I leave others out of the equation creatively, I create something far more beautiful and meaningful. I want my reason for creation to be 100% because of the joy it allows me to feel. I know when I can live in that constantly, amazing things will flow through me.

I open myself to the flow of grace and genius that is constantly around me.
I don't of myself do anything, but when I pair myself with the GOD who flows through all, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment