Thursday, August 12, 2010

A space of love...

I saw today that I can take love wherever I go. I can hear the music in any noise. I can see the beauty in any ugliness. That is a magnificent gift! I know that I won't always feel as connected as I have today, but I know that I can get back there. I see that the world around me can be an Eden no matter what. There is beauty and inspiration even in the ugliest of situations. Ahh. It feels good to be alive today!


The Streets of Salt Lake City

Vs. 1

Walking down the wide streets of the city
The scenery is ugly but familiar and pretty.
Beep beep beep goes the crosswalk light
It’s 2 am there’s not a soul in sight.

Chorus
How can I feel so alone
Surrounded by all these people?
Dialing a number on the telephone
Praying I find someone to distract me.
Emptiness is closing in, surrounding
Threatening to eradicate my heavy heart.

Vs. 2

A pathetic drunk at the same old bar
Riding around in my best friend’s car
Searching for somewhere alive and loud
To numb out and zone out with a crowd.

Pre chorus
No wonder I feel so empty
Living a life this dull.

Chorus
How can I not feel so alone
Trying to find myself in people?
Dialing a number on the telephone
Always using others to distract me.
Emptiness is closing in, surrounding
But I see what can save my heavy heart.

Bridge
Walking the streets of the city alone
Sober and quiet, threw away that God damn phone.
Contemplating a new way of life
Far away from Urban strife.
The boredom I feared in solitude
Could be the very path to fortitude.

Chorus
Now confident even alone.
Not looking to find myself in people.
Finally turned off that telephone
Done using anything to distract me.
Blessed solitude has enfolded, surrounding
Never knew I could be so light hearted.

No comments:

Post a Comment