Thursday, August 19, 2010

You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself

This has been a big realization for me lazy. When I try to appease those around me, I actually add to their upset at me. It's best to not worry about it. Also, I realized that I've buried my neediness under a careful rotation of friends. This was very frightening to confront in some ways. I definitely thought that was pretty devious of me. I even fooled myself! Lately though as I have had more space, I've realized that the neediness was just buried. I guess it's just part of human nature. I think that the neediness is a valuable thing. It really means that in some way I'm not meeting my own needs. I just used to project it onto other people. It will be interesting to see where this realization leads to.

Off to Seattle,
Beautiful rain to herald the journey.
It's a prequel to the beautiful cloudiness ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment