Friday, August 13, 2010

A theory on love and soulmates...

I had an interesting realization today that perhaps it is our society's obsession with love and finding it (in a romantic sense) that causes our society to have less and less of it. Look at marriages, divorce rates have never been higher. I actually think that we have become obsessed with some unattainable form of compatibility. It's as if we can just find someone that meets every item on our lists, then we could be happy. No one ever thinks of becoming the one able of not only receiving love but giving it first. No one looks at every interaction throughout the day as an opportunity to reaffirm love. I think we could all be happier if we through the idea of "soulmate" out the window. For me the proof is in how I feel when I contemplate soulmate. It implies a scarcity right off the bat. I have to go out there and find someone that is my "match." What a limiting way of looking at the world. I have been living this way for a long time, but I think it's finally time to throw it out the window. I'd rather believe that many possible lovers exist out there for me and it's all dependent on my vibration. The universe will change who it lines me up with as my vibration shifts. In any given moment, a lover that is a vibrational match is waiting to come in. To me this way of looking at things turns my search into a journey with many meetings and parting. Let's also take a step back further and look at how much love we all have in our lives to begin with. Everyone has friends, most have family, teachers, pets, etc. Our lives are already overflowing with love should we choose to view it that way. Rather than asking the universe to yield to me the lover, I would ask for the universe to help me let go of my expectations, rigid criteria, narrow-mindedness, and lack perspective on love. I ask for help to BE LOVE in every moment. I ask for the sight to see the love right in front of me. I ask for the ability to love myself more fully. I ask for the ability to recognize my love when they come into my life :)

Love is always inside me first and foremost.

No comments:

Post a Comment