Monday, May 24, 2010

Thoughts and a poem (again)

It's a beautiful day out today. My thoughts for today have to do with self-care and self-love. I've noticed that the more that I meditate, the more I become aware of my needs that have not been getting met. It is no one's job but mine to meet these needs. I realized that if I don't love my body, why should anyone else? If I don't see my beauty and worth, why should anyone else? I've been running around looking for external validation. As if enough people could actually convince me of my worth? Silly, now that I'm present to it. If I can't say truly that I'm worth something, then no one else can convince me otherwise. I now see that if I can find this myself, the world will only reflect that. So many of us early on decide that we have no worth or value. I think this is the greatest tragedy. We are all infinitely valuable and priceless in our uniqueness. There will never be another one exactly like us ever again. Now for the poem.

Green daggers flash back
Sarcasm shielding a soft heart.
I'm the one to bear the flack.
A delicate art.
My love so prickly
You shift so quickly.
But I'll forever brave the maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment