Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thoughts and poem

So, meditation was interesting the past two days. What I realized is that all of my old "blocks" or comfort blankets are waiting just outside of my meditation to distract me. I am not yet centered but I am not the old me either. I feel like an awkward teenager all over again. It's funny how some meditations are so calm and easy while others seem filled with distraction and mental chatter. Nothing to do but keep going! I guess this is my insight for the day: to just sit with whatever shows up. Hmmm. I can even see how this would carry over to the rest of my life. Now the poem!

Grey skies move in
To dominate the light.
Numbness creeps in
And grounds my flight.
Where is the strength
That I thought I knew?
Where is the sureness
With which I moved.
Some days are peaks
In this parade called life
Others are valleys
Overshadowed by strife.

No comments:

Post a Comment