Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Exercise is a spiritual practice

I discovered today as I was doing my morning run that running is as spiritual as meditating or yoga. Actually, when I'm present to my breath while I'm running that's yoga! Ha. I think that the physical aspect of us is intrinsically linked to the spiritual. To claim to be one without the other is silly. I haven't taken good care of this wonderful body in the past. I've polluted it with unhealthy food and habits. That is now a thing of the past. I now see that by tending to my own temple, I don't need to go hunting a spiritual/sacred space. I actually take it with me wherever I go!

I am physical for a reason,
This body is a home.
It's the only home I have
I'll fill it with life and light
This temple will shine like a lighthouse
Guiding me out of the storm of my fears and doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment