Saturday, October 23, 2010

Giving things up...

Today I thought I would write about a topic that has come up a lot in several different conversations lately. It has been interesting to see other perspectives on it. That topic is releasing and letting go of things. Lately, I feel that I have been doing this quite a bit. I have heard several friends mention that they felt I was denying myself something. I find this really interesting because I don't feel like I've been denying myself anything. I feel quite the opposite. I feel that by letting go of old habits and ways of being that I've made room in my life for something new to take root and grow. I feel more spiritually in tune than I ever have. I feel truly happy and energetic for the first time since I was a child. Denying myself? Perhaps. I think what I've really been doing is denying myself connection. To participate in something that no longer serves is to deny oneself the chance of adventure and the unknown. I may be called weird or crazy for it, but I know that I have got to march to the beat of my own drum wherever that beat may lead me down this crazy path called life. That's all there is to it :)

I've got to run free neath the skies
I'm choosing to create my paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment