Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gratitude and focusing on the Positive

Today, I had a reminder that I can't change everything in my life at once. I can't expect to be living on 2.5 acres that make me a completely self-sufficient food grower tomorrow. That would be too much too soon anyways. I am going to continue living as I'm living and doing what I'm doing. The inevitable end is that one day soon I will end up in this situation. Another thing is I'm starting to believe in humanity again. Skepticism has been replaced by optimism. Resignation has been replaced by hope. I no longer doubt that we all have so much more potential than is being expressed. I'm starting to see everyone including myself as perfect beings that have forgotten their own innate perfection. I can't make everyone else remember, but I can start living in a way that will awaken my perfection again. We have all been given so much by the Great Mind.

Doubting only strengthens my paralyzation,
While the tiniest amount of hope stokes the embers.
Someday is too far away,
So today I'll take just a step forward in the storm
Knowing that step will lead to another and another.
Till one day I find myself home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment