Monday, October 11, 2010

Meditation has been interesting lately. With the intense energies of 10/10/10 yesterday I found myself to be a bit all over the place. I think one of the greatest lessons meditation teaches us is to just let things be what they're going to be. It's a beautiful lesson, a hard lesson but still a good one to learn. Meditation teaches us to let go of the need to control how things develop and unfold. It imparts a sense of neutrality at the ups and downs of life. May I never forget my lessons learned sitting on a pillow with my eyes closed watching my breath. :)

I'll write a song so quiet,
You'll strain to hear.
Hoards will be stilled by it
Cupping their ears.

What is he saying?
What is that melody?
A haunting refrain
Tugs at me.
What is this song?
So unobtrusive and low?
It calls me.
Though I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment