Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall

It's a beautiful snowy day today. It reminds me of a truth: all seasons wax and wane and come and go. Such is life. I find myself casting off many old patterns at the moment. In a way, I feel like the tree shedding its leaves. The winter of my life is upon me. A stage of rest and reflection to lead to a new spring filled with an even greater abundance. The leaves would only rot on my branches if I chose to leave them where they are. No, I must shed the old ways of being and make room for the new. It is the message of autumn to me. I go thoughtfully and soberly into hibernation.

Fallen leaves of orange and red
Blow across a land chilled and dead
Do not weep for what is past
Look instead at what may come at last
New life fuller than the old
Happiness bigger, brighter, more bold.
Life will turn and turn again.
Unfolding to where? It's not known to men.

No comments:

Post a Comment