Friday, October 15, 2010

Peace and Joy

Today I re-discovered that in any moment I can choose to be in a space of love towards the world or an otherwise negative space. I watched today as everything went smoothly and effortlessly simply because I felt happy. I watched as people became friendly. I have never had more people smile and say hi to me ever. It's an interesting correlation. The world can sometimes seem like such an awful place. I've had the exact opposite kind of day. Same world. Different me. Make me think quite a bit. Also, one other thought I had today was that man is not fallen. Man is asleep. We never fell. We simply forgot. All of the knowledge that could enlighten the world is contained within each of us. So, instead of lamenting the nature of man, let's strive one by one to shift our own nature and thus reawaken to the true potential of man. Much better than complaining while doing nothing I think. (And too often I have found myself in the boat of complainers.)

Yesterday,
It's a perfume lingering in the air.
Yesterday tempts me to forget.
Like a seductive lady, and me the married man
Only that goddess, the present can fulfill.
Go back to the night yesterday.
I remember you no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment