Monday, June 28, 2010

Carpe Diem

The pendulum swings to the opposite direction yet again! I realized today that life is partially about seizing opportunities when they show up. The trick is to be able to act without attachment to the outcome. I needed to practice listening better, and now I see that my past reckless action tempered with listening will yield a healthy middle medium. I need to allow but I also need to be willing to choose too. I need to voice my preference and decide in order for the universe to line it up. I can't sit back and say I'll just take whatever. It would seem that my ability to act and assert my preference wasn't totally a bad thing. I like that there is a new healthy medium. It's not a good idea to throw oneself at people; however, playing it safe is just another imbalance. I definitely feel that I've been playing it safe the past little while. I'm ready to play full out again and risk whatever may come. I'm willing to accept that sometimes it will go my way, sometimes it will not. I'm also willing to not be reckless. I'm willing to listen to my intuition as it speaks to me! Bring it on universe! I'm ready! Poem time!

I'd rather die having fun and taking a risk.
Who wants to die in bed anyway?
The world isn't scary. It just is.
The excitement and adventure are out there.
It's my job to sift through and figure what I want
Then I'll follow the beat of that drum wherever it may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment