Monday, June 14, 2010

Moving on...

So, a friendship that was codependent was ended on my end. I was part of the problem. Actually, probably 100% responsible for the codependency on my end. I allowed it to be that way. I decided today that I'm ready to look forward. I used these events as a focal point for the last week or so to gain clarity. Now, I'm just ready to go with the expansion and leave the rest. The expansion results in me having healthy boundaries with people. It results in the possibility of love coming into my life. For whatever reason, this person was part of what I was using to block that from coming in. They were trying and I was allowing them to fill that space in my life. I cannot express enough gratitude for the intense contrast of this experience. This person helped me to identify healthy boundaries for myself and showed me that I really could own and maintain them with others. I feel nothing but joy when I contemplate what came out of this interaction. If I could draw boundaries in this challenging situation, I can draw them anywhere! How amazing is that? Something else that occurred to me today was the way we all try to control the uncontrollable. That was something else I learned out of this experience. Said person sent a barrage of emails to me and another friend. I chose to feel irritation at these emails. I was half tempted to respond and get back into the drama. What I realized is that I always have the option to ignore the undesirable and uncontrollable and turn my focus elsewhere. In this case, responding wouldn't have served me or the other. So, I didn't read most of the emails and just deleted them instead. Powerful indeed. When we let go of our need to control or "argue" with what is, we have the ability to shift our lives quickly and powerfully. So, all of that being expressed, I declare this chapter closed and finished in my life. Thank you for the clarity (you know who you are.) Thank you for showing me areas I wasn't seeing. Thank you for being in my life, and now I bless and release you. Now, poetry time!!! I'm feeling less lazy today so something a bit more fleshed out I think will be in order.

Oh beautiful day
Carry me away
On the cloud of perfume
That fills up my room.
The flowers are lovely
The sun shining above me.
I'll slow down today
Give my worries away.
Well-being is flowing
There's nothing I'm owing
To prove my worth
My value on Earth.
I was born deserving
Of joy never ending.
Thank you for my life.
Thank you for the strife.
For all contrast aids me
To create my identity.
Preferences are chosen
And my world keeps growing.
So it is till I croke
I can say death is a joke
I'm eternal it's true
Offers this unconventional view.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment