Friday, June 25, 2010

Life is like this...

Yesterday and today, I felt a bit sluggish. I guess life wasn't set up so that I can always be at my zenith. I think I would burn out otherwise! I need the down times, and times of frustration to clarify what I'm wanting. I'm human after all. That means being petty from time to time, it means being angry, sad, frustrated. I guess these emotions are part of the cosmic dance we call life. That being said, I'm grateful for meditation. I woke up with some serious anxiety this morning, and just breathing helped me to calm down sooooo much! I'm grateful for that. Life is ever mysterious and beautiful I think...

I’ll trade the verdant breeze

For a constant hack and wheeze.

I’ll give away the meadows

For a world of concrete shadows.

But what’s more I give up being whole

To be separate and alone.
My fathers fathers long gone to dust

Weren’t bound by life and rules like us.

Somehow they wandered far and free

Unweighted by care or their humanity.
We’ve learned so much yet know far less.

Lost the secrets our ancestors possessed.
Return me to the forest
Return me to the trees
Give me back the blossoms
FIlled with buzzing bees
Take me from this nightmare
Of industrial society.
Yield me to the mountain
And the quiet, open plains.

No comments:

Post a Comment