Thursday, June 17, 2010

Receiving versus asserting

I had an interesting insight bubble up today as I was meditating and whatnot. I realized that I have a tendency to assert myself or rather try to make things happen in life. What would life be like if I just allowed? Hopping off the hamster wheel may seem a little premature at this point, but I began to think deeply about this. How often do I pursue those not interested in so many ways: romance, my music, life, friends, etc. What if I allowed those who are a match to be drawn into my experience rather than trying to rope them in? What if I trusted that the universe will deliver all cooperative components necessary to make my dreams into reality? This is truly the art of allowing. I realized that it isn't about getting my name out there in any way shape or form. If someone isn't interested, no amount of marketing is going to make it otherwise. It's really about being passionate in whatever I undertake. That joy and passion will draw others in. Wow. It really can be that simple. I think this will definitely make my life a lot easier. As I was doing the artist's way, it was presented this way. An artist simply creates without consideration of any potential audience. Hmmm... This gives me a lot to mull over tonight!

Shaded by night
Under stars light
We lay entwined
Drunken on wine.
Lover return
The bridge's not yet burned
Rekindle the fire
Enflame my desire.
Reviens
Come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment