Thursday, June 10, 2010

Change at a cost...

We all say that we want change in so many ways. We want better health, more wealth, better friends, a lover, or maybe a better lover than the one we have. I wonder how often we shoot ourselves in the foot by refusing to give up what is standing in the way of this happening. Perhaps in order to fully stand alone in my power, that means surrendering any friendships that are codependent. Perhaps to meet the lover of my dreams, I need to give up my ideas of what that is going to look like. Perhaps to become a successful musician/singer/songwriter, I need to give up the unhealthy habits that sabotage my art. This isn't always easy. Often what is stopping us will be cleverly disguised like a wolf in sheep's clothing. It could be that friend we love so well, but also constantly has drama and takes away our focus from our own lives and dreams. It could be that mentor or teacher that gives praise but also cuts us to the bone with unduly harsh criticism. It is much more comfortable to maintain the status quo so to speak. At least I know what to expect in this situation. Besides, I get so much mileage out of complaining about it rather than getting off my butt and doing something about it! I'm grateful that sometimes life gets to the point that I feel forced to shift. Occasionally we all need that big whap upside the head to get us back into reality and out of our rose tinted dream worlds. I'm so grateful for these difficult lessons because I know they contribute wildly to my expansion. It's a good feeling indeed. Now for a poem....

Love, I'd surrender.
I'd meld with you.
But a part would remain alone.
My darling, I'd sink
Into the depths of your passion
But still I'd remain separate.
We are two become one, yes.
But still we're alone first.
Rather than trying to fight
Rather than trying to deny
Let's accept the paradox as simply so.

No comments:

Post a Comment