Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The equality of all things..

I had a profound realization this morning as I watched the sunrise and walked my little sister to her bus stop. I suddenly realized that there is no better source of joy out there. Joy is joy. Anything that makes me happy is priceless be that a sunrise or a friendly smile or a million dollars. I also then realized that any situation in life is not inherently better than an other. For example, being in a relationship isn't better than not being in one nor is being single better than being in a relationship. It is only my mind that establishes a sense of greater than and less than. Wow. That is the source of misery. My decisions about better than and less than. It doesn't mean that I shouldn't want a relationship, it just means that I shouldn't push against being single. Anyways, poem time!

I've got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment