Monday, July 12, 2010

Looking at what is going right...

Meditation is a constant reminder for me that I choose how I experience the world. I succumbed to a moment of pessimism yesterday. I allowed myself to let circumstances out of my control make me feel bad. Rather, I should say simply that I chose to feel bad. It is always a choice isn't it? Luckily, I sat and remembered that one unpleasant thought will only draw another and another and another and another. Meditation allows me and all of us to break that cycle. When we quiet our mind, we are given a blank slate to rewrite our experience in that moment. Thankfully, the reverse is true. A positive thought leads to another and another and another until an avalanche of well-being floods in. It almost seems to come out of no where. It is exhilarating to step back into the vortex of well-being that is truly mine. I realized that I had gotten caught up in the uncontrollable. Once I surrendered control, I hopped right back into the flow. It was like escaping from a powerful current to a peaceful, lazy river. The power in the current was only my negative thought patterns. Meditation is truly a gift that is priceless to me.

Yet unseen or unheard
It brews, bubbling in my mind.
Ideas and worlds without end.
Something or someone beyond form.
What, I cannot tell.
It incubates in the fertile fields of my imagination
Waiting to burst forth into new life.
Already alive 1000 times over.
A hunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment