Saturday, July 10, 2010

Honoring boundaries..

I had a lesson today about honoring my word and my boundaries. I have communicated certain boundaries within my business of what "works" in the relationship. Part of that is my 24 hour policy. I realized today that when I don't enforce my policy, I'm actually breaking my word to my students and myself. I realized how this detrimental not only to me financially, but also to my students that do always give me proper notice. I took the bullet and enforced it today and I felt amazing! I realized how much energy I had wasted by not honoring my word and splitting my energy. I think we all tend to definitely understand honoring our word and being authentic with others; however, it's harder to apply the same standard to oneself (at least I've noticed anyway.) We too often forget to include our relationship with ourselves when it comes to integrity. After re-communicating the boundary, I felt lighter and able to move on. I made an agreement with myself today to not worry about the reaction I get when I honor myself, but rather worry about the honoring myself and my word with me. It was a nice thing to be re-minded of.

Today is okay.
Tomorrow will be better still I think.
I'm always in the tomorrow it seems.
I can't wrap my head around just being here now.
Cares and worries, goals and ambitions, so much to focus on.
Well, anything to avoid myself.
Anything to be somewhere else but where I am.

1 comment: