Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gratitude for my meditation practice

Life is so good when I meditate. I feel calm and grounded after my morning practice of meditating. I don't have a lot on my mind specifically. One thing in particular jumps out at me. I've been working a lot lately with a dream journal to remember and control my dreams. I've started becoming a lucid dreamer. It's been interesting. My dreams tend to have a silver boundary to them. It's almost like being in a movie. I definitely credit some of this breakthrough to my meditation practice. Well, poem time!

Discordant drums beat their chaotic beats
They tear the world apart.
People against people.
Country against people.
People against nature.
Will the world never know peace?
Perhaps when we can set aside the drums of war
And pick up the pipes of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment